HomeTec Inspections, LLC
Areas we serve
Our service area includes all of Maryland i.e.; Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Harford County Howard County, Anne Arundel County and cities such as Pasadena (where our home office is located), Annapolis, Towson, Overlea, Ellicott City, and Monkton.
Select the service that meets your needs:
A HomeTec Inspection
This inspection provides you with an objective visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a house from the roof to the foundation, based on the InterNACHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. Our home inspection will examine and document the condition of each of these areas:
- Roof, vents, flashing, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings
- Eaves, soffit, and fascia
- Grading and drainage
- Foundation and crawlspaces
- Water penetration and foundation movement
- Heating and Cooling systems
- Main water shut-off valves
- Water heating system
- Plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Electrical service line and meter box
- Main disconnect and service amperage
- Electrical panels, breakers, and fuses
- Electrical grounding and bonding
- GFCI and AFCI
- Fireplace damper, door, hearth
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors safety sensors
- Attic and much more!
If you’re thinking about selling a house, a pre-listing inspection can be a big advantage. Whether you choose to fix any issues found, or disclose them to buyers, the buyer may be less likely to walk away from the transaction or demand a lower price for the home because of unwanted surprises. Other advantages of a pre-listing inspection include: avoiding delay in obtaining a use and occupancy permit, and having time to find a reasonably-priced contractor if needed.
11-Month Home Warranty Inspection
It is common for new homes to have a one-year warranty by the builder covering defects in construction or materials. A home warranty inspection is usually conducted We’ll conduct this inspection in the 11th month to make sure your builder has time to fix the problems before the warranty runs out.
In Baltimore County, landlords are required to have a rental inspection every few years. If you change tenants for any rental property, including single family homes and apartments, a reinspection is required. A HomeTec rental inspection will examine the following:
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms are installed, located properly, and working
- Electrical systems have no apparent visual standards
- All plumbing is functional, with no apparent hazards
- All windows designed to be opened are operational
- All combustion appliances, such as furnaces, hot water heaters, and dryers, are properly vented
- Secondary means of escape from sleeping areas exist with no exterior health or safety hazards
Pool and Spa Inspections
As certified pool and spa inspectors, HomeTec will thoroughly examine all the important elements, including pool motors, valves, heaters, filters, lights, and water features if any. We’ll also check the above ground pipes and equipment for leaks, and take a look at the decking, coping seal, and shell of the pool, along with ground wires, GFCI connections and safety features.
New Construction Inspection
This inspection takes place prior to your final walk-through with your builder so that any problem areas are addressed before you move in. It helps you avoid problems that could go undetected for years.
Four Point Inspection
The Four Point Inspection is performed on behalf of the insurance companies and is often a requirement for a new homeowner to obtain insurance. A Four Point Inspection inspects these four main areas of a home:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Plumbing connections and fixtures
- Electrical wiring and panels
HomeTec will perform this property inspection in a manner consistent with insurance industry standards and provide you with a written report. The inspection report evaluates the age and working condition of these components.
Home Maintenance Inspection
A yearly Home Maintenance Inspection keeps you aware of the condition of your home and helps plan repair projects before they become major, expensive problems. This inspection is particularly useful if you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, but it’s just as important if you plan to stay in your home the rest of your life.
Radon is an invisible gas that tends to be present in the lower levels of homes. If elevated levels are present it can be harmful; in fact, it’s the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Testing can help put your mind at ease and protect the members of your family. HomeTec is certified to conduct radon testing using our own certified testing equipment. We provide a continuous monitoring system, with results available in 48 hours.
Aerial Drone Inspections
HomeTec Inspections is FCC certified to conduct aerial drone inspections. Drone pictures and video are great added features that provide a more comprehensive view of the property by revealing conditions not visible from the ground. If you’re a real estate agent, buyer, or seller, ask us about adding this cutting-edge technology to any of our inspection services!
Lead Paint Dust Testing
Lead Paint Dust Testing is required by the State of Maryland if the house was built before 1978 and is used as a rental property. HomeTec will perform Full Risk Reduction lead inspection, which is a visual inspection and a dust wipe. If areas fail, the property owner is required to clean the area, then HomeTec will conduct a retest. For more information on lead paint testing, CLICK HERE .
Request an Inspection
Request to schedule your HomeTec Inspection today!
If we don’t have an open slot on a weekday, we’re available on Saturdays and Sundays by appointment.
- At HomeTec Inspection’s LLC we are driven to provide the most complete and thorough home inspection possible. We ask your help in assisting us by completing these tasks prior to your scheduled inspection.
- All utilities are on 12Hrs. prior to the home inspection including outside hose bibs if possible.
- Ignite all pilot lights that have to be manually lit. (Gas logs, water heaters, etc.)
- All electrical breakers should be in the “ON” position unless there is a safety reason that requires them to be de-energized.
- Provide clear access to the electrical panel.
- Remove tape from all electrical switches that are safe to operate.
- Clear possessions from all sinks/tubs and have drain stoppers readily available.
- Provide clear access to the main water shut-off valve.
- Provide access to other onsite buildings that are scheduled to be inspected.
- Provide all keys for areas where keys are not provided to the inspector. (Crawl space access, locked interior and exterior storage closets, keyed window locks, etc.)
- Provide clear access to attic furnaces.
- Remove stored items in crawl space that would impede access especially at the entry door.
- Remove items from windows sill such as: Decorations, Ornaments etc.)
Thank you for helping us provide a more thorough and complete home inspection service.
HomeTec Inspection Services Pricing
Single Family Homes Heated SF. Up to 999_________________$ 350.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 1000 – 1499_______________$ 370.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 1500 – 2000_______________$ 400.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 2001 – 2499_______________$ 450.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 2500 – 2999_______________$ 500.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 3000 – 3499________________$ 550.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 3500 – 3999_______________$ 575.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 4000 – 4999_______________$ 600.00
Single Family Homes Heated SF. 5000 and over_____________Call
Homes over 30 years____________________________________Add $ 50.00
Pre-Listing Inspections (Consultation)____________ starting = $ 150.00
Town house and Condominium Inspections___________As listed above
Other Services Offered
Radon Testing with Home Inspection________________________$ 125.00
Radon Test Only ____________________________________________ $ 150.00
Lead Paint Full Risk Reduction/Visual Inspection per Visit_____$ 85.00
Each Dust wipe (each sample taken)__________________________$ 13.00
the State of Maryland requires 1 blank sample be taken Per each 20 samples.
Baltimore County Rental Inspections_________________________$ 125.00